CarpeLibrum

Carpe Librum

Reviews and bookish conversation with author Samantha Wilcoxson.

If I am lost, you will find me in medieval England.

You can also find me - and my books - on my blog.

Historical Novel Society

Stephen J. Nichols, R.C. Sproul
In the School of the Holy Spirit
Jacques Philippe

March Reading Roundup

How To Be A Tudor: A Dawn-to-Dusk Guide to Everyday Life - Ruth Goodman Faithful Traitor: The Story of Margaret Pole - Samantha Wilcoxson The Jesuit Letter - William Dean Hamilton A Burnable Book - Bruce   Holsinger The Light Between Oceans: A Novel - M.L. Stedman The Pilgrimage of Grace & Exeter Conspiracy (Tudor Time Insights (Politics & Economics) Book 3) - Tudor Times A Trick of the Light - Louise Penny The Brutal Telling - Louise Penny The Bonfire of the Vanities - Tom Wolfe

Well, this doesn't look like a bad month of reading unless you know that I DNF'd one of these and one of them is my own book . . .

Audio books saved my reading goal this month:

A Burnable Book

The Light Between Oceans

A Trick of the Light

The Brutal Telling

The Bonfire of the Vanities

Without these books taking me through housework, endless taxiing of children, and home improvement projects, I would be way behind. Unfortunately, A Burnable Book was the only one that was really good . . . and that was a reread. The Bonfire of the Vanities I abandoned rather quickly.

How to be a Tudor was the best read of the month. It is unique, insightful, and a priceless resource for anyone who wants to really understand lifestyles and daily life in the 16th century.

I didn't feel that my own book was eligible for the best read of the month award, but I am happy to be through the editing of Faithful Traitor, at least until I hear back from my wonderful beta readers.

I'm actually almost through a third Armand Gamache book for the month, but I'm not enjoying it. I will leave saying more for my eventual review, but it may be time for me to give this series a break.

Now to plan all the glorious reading that I will get to do in April with starting research for a new book and two vacations this month. Bibliophile heaven!